At the beginning of August, Skrilax_CZ has set up a build server to maintain the CyanogenMod 10 for Motorola Milestone nightly builds, no doubt the author of this unofficial CyanogenMod 10 rom is nadlabak, who builds CM7 and CM9 for Milestone. Since the source code of Android Jelly Beam is released, he has done a lot of coding jobs to make CyanogenMod 10 (Android Jelly Beam based) running on Moto Milestone A853, many thanks to him.
* How to install CyanogenMod 10 for Motorola Milestone A853 (for the guys who already playing with CM customize roms)
1. Download CM10 for Milestone nightly rom update package and the google apps for Android Jelly Beam package. (download link will be attached at the end of this post)
2. Reboot the phone to Open Recovery, wipe data, wipe cache and davilk cache.
3. Apply update, Install the CyanogenMod 10 rom then install the gapps.
4. Reboot system. First boot may take more than 5 minutes. (boot animation still CM9)
The first running of CM10 system on Milestone A853 will be very very slow, that is because every applications use the hardware accelerator, eaten up all RAM. Just be patients, after setting up your google account, the first thing you are going to do is disabled the apps using hardware accelerator, in the app drawer, you can see an icon of silver Gear, open it, then disable all apps’ hardware accelerator permissions, then reboot the phone, you will find out the system is running much smoother than before.