- How to Fix the Nandroid freeze issue on Milestone A853
- [Rom] CyanogenMod 10 for Motorola Milestone A853, How to Install and Quick Review
- [APK] Virtual Table Tennis 3D for Android Download, Simple, Real and Fun
- How to make CyanogenMod 9 for X8/W8 Run Faster
- Android ICS 4.0.4, MiniCM9 3.0.2 for Xperia X8 Review
- Motorola Xoom (Stingray & Wingray) is Officially Supported by CyanogenMod Team
- How to Select / Switch Input Method in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- [Video] Android ICS for Defy Running on Motorola Bravo
- [ROM]kuyaDROID v2.7.136 update, Android 2.3.4 for X8
- Better Kindle, Amazon 9 inches Tablet PC struck in October
- Google Nexus S Get Ice Cream Sandwich OTA Update, V4.0.3 IML74K, How to Root
- How to active and control the touch-to-focus mode on the CyanogenMod 7.1 (update)
Category Archives: Sony x8
I mean the MiniCM9 for X8 when I say CyanogenMod 9 for X8. the latest version of MiniCM9 rom for X8 is 3.0.2, released on 5/26, it is much faster than the first version, but it can be more faster if you do the same settings as I do.
MiniCM9 is a awesome rom which is based on CyanogenMod 9(CM9), developed by nobodyAtall, he also is the author of the ICS nAn kernel, Gingerbread nAn kernel and several MiniCM roms for Xperia X8 and other Xperia phones. He is the man who gives the most outstanding contribution in the development of custom roms for X8.
I am watching ICS video enough and I am going to install Android ICS on my X8, and I succeed, so I write down the process for you guys who wants to try something fresh. As the fix for running ICS on X8 with stock kernel is out, things is more simple than previous, I did not unlock the bootloader, so I am using the stock kernel, and everything works fine during installation, I am meaning the installation, not the system function.
Just post some news about the situation of Ice Cream Sandwich for Xperia X8 development. Great DEVs has made some big improve of the rom, current version is v007 II, some said it is as fast as Gingerbread, just some lags, and unstable, you can receive calls but you can not make calls, graphics and some small things fixed, still need huge work on audio, wireless parts, camera and GPU acceleration, but with more and more DEVs join the project, development is being more fast than before, and the next build v008 will be available on next weekend.
Before yesterday, I still think it is no chance to update my Sony Ericsson X8 to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, as more and more developers turn to develop roms for new phones, but recently, A Thread float up in the XDA-developers forum, telling people that they have succeeded in running ICS on Xperia X8,
So after we got our Xperia X8 / W8 rooted, now it is time to say goodbye to the official Android 2.1 rom, we are going to install some nice custom roms.
If you are using XPERIA X8 or W8, here is a guide for rooting the stock Android 2.1 system and any official update version. I think the Sony Ericsson default user interface is beautiful, but it is too slow, because there is a lot of applications running in background, many of them is the Sony Ericsson stock applications and these things can not be delete except you root XPERIA X8. Furthermore, you can install custom roms after rooting the phone.