As the Google Camera version 4.3 was released, here is the latest Camera NX Mod V5.5 for Nexus 2015 phones, which is modified based on the new Google Camera. This time I provide a new experiment version for non-Nexus phones (ARM64) which is running Android 7.1+ Custom roms, with all Nexus specific feature unlocked, like Smart Burst, ZSL HDR+ shooting, as some people ask for it, it probably won’t work for most device which contain different camera and SoC hardware, but if your phone has the same hardware as Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P, even Pixel phones, it might be work, so try it yourself and report.
After finished the Camera NX mod, I tested the ZSL-HDR+ performance and quality with my Nexus 5X, looks like Nexus 5X still can’t perform the ZSL-HDR+ render job smoothly as before, the manually HDR+ process is much faster and more stable than ZSL-HDR+ mode, that is why I have made two versions of Camera NX mod, one have the same functions as Pixel phones (ZSL-HDR+, Hybrid-burst 240fps slow-motion, 60fps-video ready), the other just perform the same way as Nexus 6P (ZSL normal shooting, 6P’s Auto-HDR+, etc.). Btw, I’m running Android 7.1.2 beta.
I would like to point out that the pictures which was taken in ZSL HDR+ mode seems have a quality improvement, compared with normal HDR+ samples, ZSL HDR+ has a lower ISO and shorter exposure time, my point is, as the ISO was reduced, ZSL HDR+ picture’s noise is much less than HDR+. btw, I reduced the quantity of ZSL frames from 7 to 5 when running with Nexus 5X, as N5X has a lower specific hardware.
Camera NX is a mod based of Google Camera, it’s made for bringing Pixel phones exclusive features to Nexus 2015 phones, unlocked features:
For Nexus 5X/6P:
– ZSL HDR+ shooting
– Hybrid Burst (enhanced Smart Burst)
– 60FPS video recording Ready. (you need to unlock the 30FPS limitation by the system, download link see below, thanks to defcomg)
– Higher video Bit Rate
For Nexus 5X
– ZSL Normal Shooting
– 240 fps Slow-motion video
– Nexus 6P HDR+ profile (No ZSL HDR+ version)
– ARM64 SoC.
– Android 7.1+ (As Android 7.1.x was officially released, I drop the compatible of Android 7.0)
– If you like the Burst more than ZSL HDR+, choose the No ZSL version, more stable.
– To turn off ZSL HDR+, you need to set HDR+ off.
– Custom roms getting black screen? try Open Gapps Stock version.
1. Fix fatal error bug when entering 60FPS mode while EIS is enabled. EIS will be disabled when using 60FPS settings.
2. Fix fatal error when using 4K video recording @ 60FPS mode. 60FPS option will be disabled when using 4K resolution.
3. New app round icon (Need Pixel Mod to display).
For other phone models:
CameraNX-Experiment-V5.5-signed | AFH mirror
For those who need recording 60FPS videos, you need to modify system vendor libraries. All credit goes to defcomg@XDA, thank you so much.
Tested with Android 7.1.2 with Nexus 5X, all things works except one little bug, you can only take 120fps slow-motion videos. Nexus 6P should work too.
XDA Forum post link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70748865&postcount=161
You can just extract the zip package(it is NOT a flashabe package), then use any root file manager to copy the libs files to your /vendor/lib/ folder, replace the original files(You’d better to make a backup of those two files.), reboot. if you are using Camera NX, no need to copy media xml profile, as the media profile is for the stock camera.
One bug if you use the cracked libs: only 120FPS slow-motion.